Monday, September 6, 2010

Here We Go Again

According to my company's annual health survey and report, I am overweight. Not just overweight, but at the extreme, extreme end of the overweight scale just before it turns into "obese". Allegedly, the healthy weight for a man of my height should be somewhere between 132 and 167 pounds. I'm going to choose the upper end of that range, thank you, and select 165 as my target weight which means I need to lose about 40 pounds.
I bought a FitBit recently, which is like a pedometer for data geeks. I'll post how far I walked more or less daily and, on the off chance that anyone's actually reading this, you can cheer me on. Or not. Mostly, the point here is that the only thing worse than the humiliation of failure is public humiliation.
Above is a delightful little photo that Rudy snapped a couple weeks ago showing me and the similarly rotund pug doing what we do best: nothing. All I need now is a full length mirror in the bathroom and I'm set.

No comments:

Post a Comment