Tuesday, September 7, 2010

The Rest of the Story

As Paul Harvey and my sister Cari know, there's always more to the story. My sudden desire to lose heft isn't particularly sudden, and it's not just that I'm too flabulous for my own good. Yeah it's uncomfortable, unhealthy, and I don't like the way I look, but I'm having trouble walking again and that's just unacceptable. It has much more to do with bad knees than being overweight, but I can't help but think the extra pounds are just wearing things out that much faster. Austin seems to be looking forward to me using a cane (like Yoda!), but I'm not so hip (ha ha) on the idea. As it happens, I finally bought a folding cane to put in my backpack in case I get "stuck" someplace, but I'd actually be pretty humiliated to use it. So, there you have it: the carrot of looking and feeling better and the stick of, well, the stick.

1 comment:

  1. Oh yeah - 1.42 miles today. Not exactly stellar. Tune in tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete