Monday, August 9, 2010

Darwinism


Yesterday I was feeling all ambitious and decided we'd lived here long enough without indoor stairs to the basement. I got as far as moving some wiring, relocating a post, and cutting an enormous hole in the floor with the big Milwaukee Sawzall I bought a couple years ago but never used. Sawzalls are handy for this sort of thing, for cutting cars or small houses in half. But you know those old cartoons where the cat/dog/coyote cuts a hole in the floor he's standing on and falls to his doom? Yeah, that's all I'm gonna say about that.

4 comments:

  1. Oh no you di'nt. Please tell me you did not do that. When it comes to natural selection I always figured you for one of the survivors. Guess I'll have to rethink my theory.

    Oh, and after my miter saw, the sawzall is my next favorite tool. But only because I don't own a nail gun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, if you lived closer you could borrow my nail guns. No, I didn't actually fall through the floor - there was just something comical about the whole scene. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So funny. Where did you put the hole? Trying to work out in my head where you would put a down stairs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In the little utility room between the back door and kitchen. It's where the stairs used to be before the former owners removed them to separate the floors.

    ReplyDelete