Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Dude, where's my car?

During yesterday's sudden snow storm and subsequent traffic snarl, dubbed "worst traffic ever" by longtime Portlanders and state officials, at least a thousand vehicles were abandoned in Portland and eventually towed. Somewhere. So many cars were towed by so many companies that some people are apparently having difficulty finding out where their car went and how to get it back.
Fortunately I made it home OK, and with the car - though it did take 40 minutes to drive the 3 miles home. Some less fortunate drivers were stuck in traffic for several hours. Think I'll take tomorrow off. :-)

2 comments:

  1. The difference between Oklahoma City and Portland...thousands of vehicles were abandoned here in the recent Christmas Eve snow storm, but no one towed them. The cars just sat in the road, beside the road, in ditches, in the middle of major intersections...and everyone just drove around the abandoned cars until the owners got around to coming back to dig them out. I don't know what that says about OKC or Portland, but at least people here aren't wondering where their cars are. Interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure what it says either. I think I could live with or without my car being towed, but I'd like to know where to find it the next day. :-)

    ReplyDelete