Saturday, January 24, 2009

Ostriches R Us

For years I sat in an office at work with a street-level view of the back of some industrial-looking business. I always sort of wondered what they did there. The only clues were an enormous propane tank and the occasional sound of breaking glass. Turns out it's this place: http://www.bullseyeglass.com/

The boss invited a few of us to go on a tour. OMG, what a cool place. He (boss guy) is taking glass-fusing classes there and I think I might too. They only do art glass and business is booming. "Where did this come from?" I wondered. "How long have you been here?" I asked. "Since 1974," said our guide. Boy am I a dork.

I guess the moral to this story is... well, I don't know that the moral is. I should just pull my head out occasionally and take a look around. :o)

1 comment:

  1. Is that what that business is? Dang! That is a really cool place. Like you said, who knew? It sure doesn't look like much from the office side of the street.

    Was it easy to set up a tour?

    Your blogs are always very enjoyable to read. You are very articulate and give vivid descriptions of what you are thinking. Thanx for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete